Monday, June 1, 2009

How to kill a bumblebee with a meteor

so missing contacts still plague us here. So I have been forced to pull from tape back from a month ago so there is a static set of contacts to refer to until this happens again. So from the tape I pulled a full virtual machine backup and dropped it into VirtualCenter with VMware Convertor. From there I left it on an internal network, don't want two of the same exchange server up at the same time! I powered it on and attempted to exmerge the users mailbox for the contacts. I immediately came to the issue of needing a DC for exchange to authenticate against. So I cloned our existing DC and dropped it into this private vlan. I then had to seize FSMO roles, point AD and DNS to local host and re-add the exchange server to the "new" domain. Now I can get onto the server but exchange doesn't like letting you point to an existing database - instead I am trying to create a new one and copy over the old data and have the DB rebuild from the logs. After doing this a couple of times the database will not mount with the error being "The Database Files in this store are inconsistent" Running eseutil /p against DB now.

No comments:

Post a Comment